This award recognises significant scientific accomplishment or innovation during the early stages of an individual’s career in inhalation science.
Entries are welcome from researchers from across the globe working in academia, industry, public service or other scientific establishments.
The winner will receive a Commemorative Award and £1,000 in prize money and will be asked to present their work in person, as an oral presentation in Edinburgh at DDL2023.
- Applicants must be within 15 years of the award of their PhD (or highest alternative qualification) on 31 December in the year of application
- The individual applicant should have demonstrated, through public work, significant scientific accomplishment or innovation in Inhalation Science
- Applicants need to be available to present their work at the forthcoming DDL Conference in December
Terms and Conditions
- Applicants must submit their CV
- Applicants must submit a 1000 word synopsis of their research
- The synopsis of the research must focus on the importance to Inhalation Science and the Pharmaceutical Industry
- The applicant should explain clearly and succinctly the innovative aspects, relevance and impact (realised or potential) of their contribution to the field to date and aspirations for their future career (to be included in 1000 word count)
- The application may contain up to three figures and ten references (cited fully using the Vancouver system. Not included in the 1000 word count)
- Entries will be judged by a DDL committee panel and a decision will be communicated to the applicant in October
- The successful applicant will be invited to present The DDL Emerging Scientist Lecture during the DDL Conference in December and will be expected to attend the event in person.
- The Commemorative Award and £1,000 prize money will be presented at the DDL Conference in December
How to Apply
Please complete the form below to apply for this award and the DDL Organising Committee will inform you of the outcome, once all applications have been reviewed in October 2023.